The recent CoVid-19 pandemic has illustrated that time is valuable and has also highlighted the fact that digital solutions can play a integral role in the day to day operations of a business.
There are a number of areas in which digital solutions can play a part and this article will focus on the construction industry and will highlight a couple of individual apps.
ServiceM8 is a job management app suitable for small businesses operating in a variety of sectors including but not limited to plumbers, joiners and electricians.
The main features of ServiceM8 are:
- Allows management of jobs from initial enquiry to quotation and invoice and ensures jobs can be monitored at all stages.
- Cloud based software which can be used with smartphones, tablets etc. which removes the need for the job supervisor to be on site and can make monitoring easier.
- Software can be linked directly from existing company website / Facebook page to generate new business and reduces duplicated admin tasks.
- Integrates directly with a number of accounting packages including Xero.
- Monthly prices start from £9 per month with 14-day free trial available.
Auditus is marketed as “a professional inspection software – built for business”, the incredibly versatile software means that it is used across a huge span of industries, including but not limited to hospitality, transport & logistics and retail.
Some key features of the app that can be specifically used in construction are:
- Build checklists, perform inspections, analyze reports, track actions/issues.
- Cloud based and accessible on the go, no internet access required.
- Snap pictures to add to reports and provide evidence.
- Automatically share reports after inspection completion with customers.
- Trigger actions and notifications to eliminate human error.
- Create workflows to trigger actions for your team.
- Schedule inspections to ensure your team complete daily, weekly, monthly or one-off inspections on time.
- Premium plan costs £25/month.
For any additional information on the above applications or for any other enquiries relating to digital solutions for your business please contact your usual manager/partner or for new enquiries, please fill in our contact form
Paul Taylor – Senior Manager